Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Suck it Up!!

Yesterday, Karen enjoyed inflicting pain on the entire team.  We met at Anderson High and after a 15 min easy warm up did 20 min alternating plyometrics and fast running.  Then we did 2 minutes of suicides and then another 20 minutes of the plyo/running combo.  My hands are still sore from doing burpees on the track and my butt is killing me from all of it.  Those of you who have done the Cruise with Ruth E. and thought that was hard ain't seen anything.  This was much tougher and Karen was way meaner than Ruth!   I'll admit it...I'm a weakling.  Karen's purpose was to show everyone how "weak" we are even after all the running we did this summer.  What I learned from it is that I can suck it up and try a little harder when I think I can't.  My butt is killing me today but I got out the door and did an easy 4 mile recovery run - the first mile was tough and then I was fine.  Will try and get out for an easy 2-3 mile shake out run in the AM since we have another track workout on Thurs PM and a progressive run on Sat.  
In the past, I have given up when it seemed too hard.  This time around I am going to try a whole lot harder to hang on even when I think it is impossible.


No comments: