Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday

Started the day with a minor headache. It's either the altitude or my
allergies. Good news is that a couple of advil fixed it. Went on a 4
mile easy run and got yelled at by Karen due to a misunderstanding
between some of the other runners and her. Thankfully it all worked
out and everyone seems happy. Except Karen who apparently injured her
back and can't run. She and Ryan and Matt are renting bikes so they
can ride around the course encouraging runners.
Went to the "expo". Nothing special. Listened to 5 min of Jeff
Gallo"walker" extoll the virtues of run/walking. Not. Everyone from
Karen's group got up and left.
Drove the course with Mike, Kris, Andrea and Daniel. First 8 miles is
a mix of long gradual climbs, flat, short downhills and one steeper
up. Next 6-7 miles downhill - no up, no flat - only down. Definitely
going to be important not to trash my quads on that part. From mile 15
to the finish it's pretty much completely flat. Half on bike trails,
half on city streets. I think this is going to be an interesting
race. There won't be any crowd support or many people to run with.
Thankfully I don't mind running on my own. I am going to use my Garmin
and bring my shuffle. Just in case.
The weather should be great. I sat outside enjoying some herbal tea
earlier, reading a book. And no, I wasn't dripping in sweat.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments: