Thursday, September 17, 2009

Drill Sargent

Karen had another delightful workout for us.  30 minutes of tough core - no breaks - one exercise after the other and not 10-15 reps - there was a lot of complaining, joking and laughing.  Karen gave us no slack!   She laughed at all the complaints of butt pain from Tuesday but assured us that we would feel better tomorrow.

Then we hit the track for 36 min of 2 min easy/2 min hard.  I felt like I ran hard and smart.  2nd 18 minutes I ran faster for the hard than i did for the first half.  I put pretty much everything I had into it and it looked like everyone did.  However, I did not run stupid.  I will not get injured in speed phase because I'm not paying attention to my form or how I feel.  I did feel like I was flailing a little during the last hard 2 minutes.

Right now I feel pretty good...going to take Ibuprofin and go to bed.  Hope to feel better tomorrow than I did this morning!


2 comments:

Kevin said...

You are guys are working soooo hard sooo soon after your marathon. Do you have another key race coming up soon?

kirsten said...

San Antonio half and then Houston Full in Jan. While we ran hard in NM, by no means did we leave it all out there. Karen also had a week of pool running and yoga to get us back on our feet fast.