Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cool, Rainy weather calls for...

...soup.  I love making soup and I always make simple broth based ones.  I don't really care for cream or pureed soup.  Today, I am making Spicy Rotisserie Chicken Soup.  I saute onion and 1/2 pound of mushrooms, add 2 quarts of low sodium chicken broth, a skinned, chopped rotisserie chicken, some frozen corn and a jalopena seeds and all.  I then let it simmer until it's time to eat.  If I'm hungry I serve it over some pasta.  Tonight I'll steam some green beans and add those.
Yum - fresh raspberries and pineapple for dessert.

Have an appt with Dr Z at Advanced Rehab to check out my hamstring tomorrow- I have no pain, stiffness or discomfort at all but since I had significant issues with it 2 weekends in a row I just need to know running fast isn't going to break it or if it is what I can do to sort of stay in shape.

No comments: