Thursday, October 29, 2009

Formula for a Bad Run

100_0883.JPG

This is a picture of a blister in Riley's mouth. Last night I was
taking him outside after my ride and he grabbed some grass. I can
only assume something bit his lip. The big round egg shaped thing is
the blister on the inside of his lower lip. This was at it's max. I
gave him some horsey antinflammatories and this morning it is a lot
smaller. He doesn't seem bothered at all. I'm sure by this point,
you are wondering what on earth this has to do with a bad run. Well,
because I did not know if the bite would cause a systemic reaction I
got up and walked down to the barn at 10:30 and 1:30 and then got up
at 4am for our run. Getting up that many times doesn't lead to
quality sleep. It was supposed to be a HMGP/easy alternating miles
for 8 miles. It turned out to be a pretty easy run. Just didn't
have it in me. Oh well. I'm going to bed now until noon!

No comments: