Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Poor Business Model

I just bought a new running shoe I really like so I decided to get another pair so I would have fresh shoes for San Antonio and Houston.  So I do the typical thing and call Rogue to see if they have my size in stock.  They don't.  Neither does Run Tex.  So I go online and order some.  Free shipping, no tax and 10% off.  And the shoes were in stock.  Got some GU's while I was at it.

I hate to take my business away from local stores but if the norm is for you not to have my size, I'm going to do what I have to to make sure I have what I need.  I have had to "special order" my shoes for the last year or so.

I have heard in the past that the problem was that the companies weren't making shoes fast enough...don't believe it...if that was true then how is it that RRS had my size?

Since I don't run from the store ever (in the North group), I don't really know what's going on there but since it's still open I assume they are getting adequate training and sales business.  In order for that to continue, they are going to have to do a way better job with the shoe situation.  That applies to you too Run Tex.

1 comment:

MW said...

Ever since the roadrunners decided that it is much too far and too difficult to dive in to Austin from North Waco, the store has been a ghost town and rats have taken over the training annex. Such a pity, but it's all you fault.
; )