Friday, August 21, 2009

Restaurant Review

Last night I drove to Dripping Springs for a birthday get together for
a really good friend I haven't seen in ages.

We all met at Rolling in Thyme and Dough. It is a bakery but they have
a variety of lunch items they serve Monday thru Saturday. Thursdays
they have a dinner menu from 6-9pm. Every week is different theme.
This week was a Homage to Julia Child. Most of the dishes looked kind
of rich - read cooked in butter, so I chose the Nicoise Salad. It was
the right choice. Light and the right amount. I treated my self to a
slice of peach pie for dessert.

All of the food is prepared from organic locally grown produce and meat.

The salad consisted of fresh greens with a vinagrette drsg (too much
drsg in my opinion) with fresh tuna, green beans, hard boiled eggs and
tomatoes. Other than the drsg issue it was good. My biggest complaint
was that they serve a slice (tiny) of baguette with it that in my
opinion was stale. If I'm paying $9.95 for a salad I could make for
$2.00 there better be a generous serving of bread and it better be
fresh.

They have an open mike. Most of the musicians were great however I was
wanting to hit the buzzer on at least one.

If you go, it is BYOB but there is a liquor store across the street.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: