Sunday, January 17, 2010

Closing remarks

After some tense moments yesterday - issues with getting food for dinner and sleeping very poorly. I managed to get it done today. I knew my endurance/distance base was inadequate so 3:30 or faster was out of the question. I ran 3:38 and change and am perfectly satisfied with my effort. Miles 20-26.1 hurt just like always but even after 2.5 hours in the car afterwards, my legs don't feel too bad - ask me tomorrow though.

My favorite part of the race was about miles 10-12 along what I will call Presidential street. Beautiful big homes with American flags all along the curb. At one point there was a military??? style band playing. Very serene and peaceful. Did not see G Bush Sr.

Thanks to Priscilla, Dee, Matt and Josh for their cheering. Josh, if you took a picture, I'm sure I was staring at the ground at that point.

Thanks to all the people in my running and non-running life that gave me the little push I needed 3 weeks ago to get this done. You all rock. I will miss the people in the Northies group but I am going to take an extended break from racing and hard training. Will be back in the fall hopefully.

No comments: